Choosing a “Food Truck with the best rate” is first and foremost about understanding that your vehicle is both the soul of the project and your body. This means that the truck must not only be able to visually reflect the spirit of your concept, but also above all be practical and make your life easier in managing your future business. Here are 5 tips to make the most of your purchase:
1. Define your project
To better understand its purchase project, it is necessary to carry out a market study and a business plan. Because, do not be wrong, a business plan is not only important for the management of your project, it also directly affects the choice of your truck.
At the “belgian food truck association”, for example, it was found that a large number of new traders avoided passing the “heavyweight” permit for economic reasons, which then prevented them from going on to the next stage and to accept larger markets because of the permitted load limit.
On the contrary, having a well-crafted business plan from the outset makes it possible to calculate the profitability and the return on investment and thus to fully assume its choices and to be able to predict in advance the costs related to the vehicle: insurance, maintenance, electric bill.
2. Make an equipment checklist
- Define the concept is also used to write the list of equipment that the truck in question must be equipped or those that must be purchased if we plan to build a used.
- The catering devices will depend on the “type” of food truck you want to launch: a food truck for burgers, donuts, a pizza-truck or a wine-truck?
- But as a general rule, any truck for catering should be equipped with the following types of equipment:
- Work and storage areas: shelves, counters, ingredient bins etc.
- Security: fire extinguishers, fire alarm etc.
- Hygiene: sink, cleaning products, closed trash, ventilation etc.
3. Take stock of the regulations
- The regulation of the food truck trade is wide and extends from the permits of the legal statutes obligatory to the authorizations to the installation to the norms of hygiene and security concerning the same vehicle.
- It is precisely stated by the code of construction and housing of ERP (Establishments Receiving Public).
- All possible hazards must be identified and countered, special attention must be paid to the combustion properties of the materials and the construction elements used in the construction of your truck. Guarantees for electrical installations and gas should not be neglected either.
4. New or used? Weigh the pros and cons.
It is clear that for this question, each option has its advantages and disadvantages. Buying new allows you to customize your commercial truck and take advantage of offers of guarantees and other services, its cost however is much higher and is between 20 000 and 100 000 €.
A used food truck naturally involves more risks, however, it saves time because it is often already developed and its cost is much lower: from 3,000 euros.
By identifying your needs for the project, you can choose from the start the type of cuisine you need.
In addition, the calculation of risk on the equipment varies according to the type of services, it is clear that the equipment for Food truck special meat will be more expensive than those of a truck for fruit juice. In 44 tons, it is possible to find all kinds of spare parts as well as mechanical advice for the daily maintenance of your truck.
5. Buying Used: knowing how to examine its utility
By opting for a used vehicle, it is necessary to secure the maximum purchase. For this, it is important to ask firmly about the previous use of the vehicle: is it first hand or not? And if, no, care to check the original service book.
Also try to know the type of use it has been made, short trips are not necessarily good for its mechanics that needs to reach a good operating temperature.
Do not hesitate to examine the truck carefully by checking the condition:
- From the cockpit: electrical equipment, ventilation, seat condition etc.
- From the engine: the engine oil that should not be at the mini level, the muffler, and track down suspicious leaks.
- Tires: the state of the tread and sidewalls.
- From the bodywork: the state of the hinges, and the adaptation of openings to your type of trade.
To avoid any type of scams, take the necessary precautions by avoiding all suspicious ads, demand to see an ID and do not accept cash payments for more than 3000$.
Read about: el compadre truck