Maintaining your motorhome yourself is important. Try to follow these basic rules carefully and in this way avoid surprises and unforeseen costs.
Tips: general maintenance
- Perform some minor interventions at regular intervals.
- Replace the timing belt every 5 years or if there are 100,000 km on the odometer (under normal conditions).
- Check your tire pressure.
- Place the motorhome in a stable with a full tank (this prevents condensation in the fuel tank).
- Have the chassis checked for damage every 2 years.
- Clean and apply a little Vaseline to the door locks.
- Lubricate the rails, door and hinge hinges with a product like WD40.
- Lubricate your window rubbers.
- Provide good ventilation and / or possibly moisture absorbers.